Fallow Tank nitrate issues….

  • Thread starter Thread starter winxp_man
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

winxp_man

So Many Tanks, So Little Time
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2024
Messages
2,110
Reaction score
2,344
Location
Sacramento
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Simple question, but will add the back story.

Got a velvet outbreak. Saved over half of my fish. Mostly clowns. Now the two tanks are fallow going on week three.

The question do I dose for nitrate increase? The three nems are not to happy. The Zoa’s are somewhat okay. Nitrate reading 0 with Salifert testing. I will test my big tank today when I get home.

pH 8 Hanna
PO4 .04
Salinity 1.024
 
Feed the nems some light morsels of dry (no disease ) food to make the happy without fishes.
 
simple answer is yes.
Bump to normal operating levels with something like Neo-nitro.
Zero is not a good number, may trigger pest stuff.
 
simple answer is yes.
Bump to normal operating levels with something like Neo-nitro.
Zero is not a good number, may trigger pest stuff.
Feed the nems some light morsels of dry (no disease ) food to make the happy without fishes.

NO3 used to run at 10 which was perfect, when there where fish in the tank. Will do some reefroids for zoa’s. And some dry mysis for the nems.
 
NO3 used to run at 10 which was perfect, when there where fish in the tank. Will do some reef rounds for zoa’s. And some dry mysis for the nems.
Extra or increased feeding with work but will take some time to breakdown into useable form. A direct dose is available immediately.
I would consider both at once.
Dose gets you up, feed keeps you up.
Good luck
 
Any good brand for NO3 dosing? Have yet to do it being my tanks have always had fish and a balanced system because of it. I don’t even know some people like fishless tanks and have to dose for the missing part of a reef haha.
 
Any good brand for NO3 dosing? Have yet to do it being my tanks have always had fish and a balanced system because of it. I don’t even know some people like fishless tanks and have to dose for the missing part of a reef haha.
I use brightwell Neo-nitro to bump my nitrate from time to time. Works well.

I use their phosphate increaser Neo-Phos as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new