Fan cooling

Gennaio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone just wanted put this out there using little 6inch fan blowing across top of tank. It works great! Lowered my temp 3 degrees in less than 2 hours and still going!

Was almost considering a chiller but no need now!

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will increase your evaporation which means more top off water and maybe higher humidity in the house. But it does help cool the tank.

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use the same thing as my tank temp swings are usually only a few degrees. I have a heater and a small fan on an Inkbird temp switch so it comes on whenever cooling is needed, and it usually only stays on a few minutes.

cheap and easy fix if you aren't dealing with major temp swings!

Barnabie Mejia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use the same thing as my tank temp swings are usually only a few degrees. I have a heater and a small fan on an Inkbird temp switch so it comes on whenever cooling is needed, and it usually only stays on a few minutes.

cheap and easy fix if you aren't dealing with major temp swings!

I'm surprised I have never thought about using one of the plugs for the inkbird for a fan! genius!

thanks man!!!!

OP
OP
G

Gennaio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The inkbird does work well which is what i currently have. Only thing i dont like is has to set the temperature variant to +\- 1 degree. There is another controller that you can adjust by 0.1 increments I'll double check the model and post for reference. Would likethat much better but already had the inkbird.

OP
OP
G

Gennaio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good youtube by eat sleep reef on this type of cooling and goes over the other temp controller

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The inkbird does work well which is what i currently have. Only thing i dont like is has to set the temperature variant to ++\- 1 degree\- 1 degree. There is another controller that you can adjust by 0.1 increments I'll double check the model and post for reference. Would likethat much better but already had the inkbird.
There is no reason to worry about controlling the tempature closer than +\- 1 degree. All it will do is run up your electric bill. Ocean Reef temperatures vary much more than that in a short amount of time.

Back