Fan Worm Sizing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DracoKat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2015
Messages
2,787
Reaction score
2,514
Location
Lawnguyland, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to get a few fan worms or feather dusters (mainly to make my mom happy, she loved them when I had them years ago in her home, and she keeps asking if I'd get any lol)

Looking on Live Aquaria, they said "Grows up to 4 inches".. is that the tube size (The worm itself), or the radius of the crown with the feathers? (Dwarf Fan Worm for example here)

Additionally, Coral banded shrimps, can I get 2 for a 75 gallon tank?
 
Last edited:
The measurement should be the diameter of the "feathers".

Banded coral shrimp do best in mated pairs. if they aren't a mated pair, odds are they will fight and one will die.
 
You can find mated pairs for sale. some lfs can get them from their wholesalers, and I've seen them on live aquaria.
 
yea, the price is high I think for 2 shrimps. I feel like if I am going to buy 2 shrimps, make it double the price, not triple.
 
You pay a premium because they are a mated pair. I still say go with two. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new