Fang Blenny not eating

threeglassides

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2024
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is my first post here, Im not terribly sure where to post this kind of question although Im sure its common. I have had a forktail fang blenny for a week now and he hasnt eaten. He is obviously looking for food everywhere on the rocks, sand, and glass but he doesnt seem to understand that food is in the water. Ive tried mysis, pellets, garlicy pellets, frozen copepods, and even mastic. I think he can smell it in the water because when I feed the other fish he goes looking for food, but he only looks at the rocks etc. At this point his stomach is like completely caved in. Im assuming he wasnt eating before I got him either. What would you do in my situation?
 
I have not had this fish before, but If he's not to skittish can you try and use tongs/tweezers to hold food near him? I have used Selcon before to entice picky eaters. I know Brightwell makes something called Garlic Power, which you soak your food in which can encourage picky eaters, but i have no experience with this product.
 
Ill try selcon. Hes not very skittish just seeing me around the tank, but I dont think the guy would be very happy about tongs with food though. Im also wondering if maybe flakes would do something? Thanks for the reply!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new