Fanworms!

kingjames_dc5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was more or less curious how many people are keeping fanworms. Once you Identify them do you remove them? Try to keep them? Do you look at them as friend or foe? I Recently discovered a Branchiomma curtum Hiding on the side of one of my rocks in between some sponges. It must have been in there for some time now. Being that I haven’t added anything to my tank since June of this year. I plan on letting this guy live and see what happens. Hopefully he will not flood the tank with its offspring lol. I don’t have a ton of knowledge on these guys. If you have any information to share pleases feel free or just wanna have a discussion on the topic.

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was more or less curious how many people are keeping fanworms. Once you Identify them do you remove them? Try to keep them? Do you look at them as friend or foe? I Recently discovered a Branchiomma curtum Hiding on the side of one of my rocks in between some sponges. It must have been in there for some time now. Being that I haven’t added anything to my tank since June of this year. I plan on letting this guy live and see what happens. Hopefully he will not flood the tank with its offspring lol. I don’t have a ton of knowledge on these guys. If you have any information to share pleases feel free or just wanna have a discussion on the topic.
They don’t hurt anything. I’ve got hundreds in my tank. They’re actually kind of cool. He colors range from white to a very small red species. They won’t bother coral. Generally if they come into contact with my coral they get annihilated.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 40 52.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • None.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.2%
Back