Fast growing acros

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

48' Giesemann Spectra Halide with two 250W Radium's, 2 ATI Blue Plus, 2 ATI Coral Plus and 2 Reef Bright Actinic Blue XHO. My growth and color have never been better sense switching from Radions.
I just started experimenting with amino's and I have 15 fish.

Thanks. Yeah, I can believe that when all that stuff is on its 500+ PAR.

And it’s not an insane amount of flow. Anyone who’s been on a reef slope knows that they can get really really rough sometimes. I just calculated it, i have a nominal 200x flow on my tank (i use the tidal swell mode, 2x mp40s at 50%. Each day after feeding i run it at 100% ntm for a few minutes. If the fish ever minded it, they certainly have gotten used to it)

That being said, I have not been as successful as you. Beyond tank crashes when I was away ( people didn’t dose like I had arranged for them, and KH dropped to 5.6 :( ) , I had minor success, but for a long time my acros have looked sickly.

But then, I left for two weeks earlier this month, and forgot to turn on the skimmer and ATS. (this time, though, the tank sitter dosed the 3 part like they were supposed to) Got back, it had a load of algae and the skimmer rapidly took out dark skimmate, but at the same time the acros showed excellent skin regrowth, and skelatal growth. Seems to me that I was not feeding enough……

Last edited:

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not saying the Radions are bad because there are too many reefers having too much success with them. I just suck at growing corals with Radion lighting.

Many people allege that T5s and halides are better than even the premium LEDs.

VR28-kessil-man.

(Though, I may try a mixed set up in my next tank)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back