Faster peristaltic pump for Kalkwasser (Upgrading from BRS 1.1 ml/min)

Boxofpurplerocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Can anybody point me in the direction of a reliable peristaltic pump which will dose around 5-10 ml/min? I dose fully saturated kalk on a brs 1.1 ml/min peri pump, which has been great and dead reliable, however now to keep up with alk demands it has to run 53 mins out of every hour. To keep up with demand I’m going to need a peristaltic pump that can dose at a higher rate, but not too high that it doses the kalk too quick. Anybody have suggestions? Not looking for something fancy, just something that I can plug into an outlet on my apex (and just control the outlet with the dosing programming), and that will be dead reliable. (Basically what I have now but something that can dose a bit faster). Let me know what you guys think

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you mixing kalk daily into a reservoir? Have you considered a kalk reactor? I'm using an Avast stirrer with a tunze 3155 and it's working great so far.

OP
OP
Boxofpurplerocks

Boxofpurplerocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you mixing kalk daily into a reservoir? Have you considered a kalk reactor? I'm using an Avast stirrer with a tunze 3155 and it's working great so far.
I mix a 7 gallon reservoir fully Saturated about once a week. Thought about a stirrer but this system has been pretty much fool proof so far

OP
OP
Boxofpurplerocks

Boxofpurplerocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided on one of these:

Should be exactly what I need
I know it’s an old post but how is this pump working out for you? I need something like this…

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 71 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.1%
Back