Ecotech Versa Jamming

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have an Ecotech Versa that is dosing saturated Kalkwasser at around 4 mL/min at night. Two weeks ago I heard a clicking sound from the tank and noticed that the rotor wasn't spinning and the Kalk wasn't being dosed. I figured maybe it just needed a little service so I unplugged it, removed the tubing and old grease and installed new tubing and grease. Tonight I found the pump in the same state, making this clicking sound.

I've got it working again by removing the tubing and messing with manually dosing at a higher rate to get it spinning again, but I'm confused why it keeps jamming and I'm looking for any tips you may have while I wait for Ecotech support to get back to me.

It's only about a year old and I can't find a clog in the tube or anything that would make it do this.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you hear back from Ecotech support yet? Would be interesting to hear their response :)

OP
OP
trevorhiller

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not yet, they did send me an auto-reply email pointing to this page which mentions a similar issue:

I'm going to get some replacement 1/4" tubing to replace the feed line next week just to see if perhaps there could be a blockage somewhere that I'm not seeing.

I don't think that that is the case because after getting it working again it flows fine, but at least I can say I worked through their troubleshooting guide steps.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back