Fat Belly Mystery Wrasse help??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Djtonton
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Joined
Apr 10, 2009
Messages
1,752
Reaction score
162
Location
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So recently i noticed my little mystery wrasse has gotten a huge belly!! Is this okay?? I was thinking maybe eggs, or possibly a disease?

I have the mystery, Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasse, Multicolor Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse, McCosker's Flasher Wrasse, and Ornamented Wrasse, + some other fish.

here are some pictures what do you guys think??

20131205214329-2ead72f3-me.jpg


20131205214325-badeb799-me.jpg


20131205214309-825f9825-me.jpg


20131205214255-18d673f2-me.jpg


20131205214252-1312aa99-me.jpg


20131205214248-80067793-me.jpg


20131205214208-0a6746b6-me.jpg
 
Unless you have a pair of them I think you could rule out eggs. To me he just looks full. That's pretty much the way my melunarus and 6-line look everyday, after a good meal or grazing for live food.
 
Unless you have a pair of them I think you could rule out eggs. To me he just looks full. That's pretty much the way my melunarus and 6-line look everyday, after a good meal or grazing for live food.

ok yeah i didnt think it could have eggs but i dont know that much about them so i could always be wrong. Cool ill just keep feeding em and we should be good to go. my melunarus is a beast hes huge and Fat! ill have to try to snap a pic

thanks again!
 
Mine looks the same after a good feeding. Just nice and full, great pics by the way.
 
my wrasses look like that after they pig out.

FWIW, my 6 line looks more like a stripedy football than a fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new