Faucet failing from RO system!?

mrbacony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been making my own water for about 10 months and never had an issue with the faucet I am connected to. But this morning, after about 10 minutes of making water, I came in to a huge puddle on the floor. I thought the system itself had a leak, but it did not. Turns out the water was coming from below the faucet. I went to Lowes and picked up a couple of metal braided supply lines because it looked like they were failing. But after I replaced those, I saw it leaking from underneath the faucet itself!
Anyone ever had this happen? I am thinking that all the pressure from the many months of making water has caused an internal seal in the faucet to fail. I have not removed the faucet yet, but it is my next step.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been making my own water for about 10 months and never had an issue with the faucet I am connected to. But this morning, after about 10 minutes of making water, I came in to a huge puddle on the floor. I thought the system itself had a leak, but it did not. Turns out the water was coming from below the faucet. I went to Lowes and picked up a couple of metal braided supply lines because it looked like they were failing. But after I replaced those, I saw it leaking from underneath the faucet itself!
Anyone ever had this happen? I am thinking that all the pressure from the many months of making water has caused an internal seal in the faucet to fail. I have not removed the faucet yet, but it is my next step.
Faucets fail and leak all the time. I've replaced two faucets in my house in the last eight years and three at my parents house.

I Would tend to say it has nothing to do with you making RO from that faucet.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using an adapter to screw on to the faucet? Is this a kitchen of bath faucet? I have had an adapter leak and then the water runs down the faucet and leaks under the cabinet.

OP
OP
mrbacony

mrbacony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The faucet does not leak without the RO system on it. It is only when it comes under pressure that it starts leaking. But it is an old faucet that needs replacing anyway.

It is a bath faucet. To my knowledge, the adapter is not leaking.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back