Fauna Marin Bacto Reef

SpyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used Fauna Marin Bacto Reef Balls long term? What are your thoughts? I have been fighting nuisance algae for a while and each time I think I have it under control it comes back with a vengeance. Seems this could be worth trying, but I can't find many reviews on it.

lil sumpin

Digital Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What kind of nuisance algae we talking about? Pics would help to assess what's going on, as well as listing out some parameters may better point to what's going on. I've never heard of this product you're describing and upon researching it a little I see it's advertised to "Reduce filter maintenance and eliminate unwanted bacteria and algae" and "Clean up organic waste and unwanted detritus, raise up skimming", kinda makes me think it's gimmicky from this bit alone. I hope someone with a better idea and experience with the product can chime in

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used Fauna Marin Bacto Reef Balls long term? What are your thoughts? I have been fighting nuisance algae for a while and each time I think I have it under control it comes back with a vengeance. Seems this could be worth trying, but I can't find many reviews on it.
if your nutrients are high it could help bring them down but not guaranteed to remove the algae as algae can grow with very low nutrients, you need stuff that eats algae, snails, urchins etc

Get your nutrients where you want them, scrub the algae away, then add fish, snails etc that will eat the algae as it starts to regrow. They tend not to eat the long stuff thats why its good to scrub it away, they will eat the stuff that regrows.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 34 14.9%
  • No

Votes: 169 74.1%
  • Unsure

Votes: 25 11.0%

Back