Fauna Marin Balling Trace 3 - supplementing iodine?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mikeeeuk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mikeeeuk

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
25
Location
Uk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

6 months into the reefing thing and just when I thought I was getting the swing of things my ICP results have kicked me down again :)

im using the FM balling light dosing with trace 1,2 and 3.

My icp result is telling me im pretty low on a lot of things. most being in the trace 1 and 2 bottles. FM trace calculator suggest that i almost double trace 1 and 2 and im fine with that. everything in the ingredient list could be doubled in my ICP result and be bang in the middle of the acceptable range. easy

Now the problem. with trace 3 the calculator also suggest doubling the dose but it only uses iodine to calculate. yes my iodine does require doubling but my bromine and fluorine would then go beyond safe levels. it would also increase my potassium level that will already be being bumped up by my increase in trace 1 and 2.

does anyone know the ratios of the contents of trace 3? that way i could leave the trace 3 dose as is and just supplement with iodine, doubling only that one element.

failing that, is there an good enough test kit that I can use slowly work out my own recipe.

thanks in advance
 
does anyone know the ratios of the contents of trace 3? that way i could leave the trace 3 dose as is and just supplement with iodine, doubling only that one element.
It is secret recipe…

I used FM Balling light for 2 years and I always had elements off, after accumulating extensive collection of bottles I still had many elements that were off… I just couldn’t make it work.

I switched to TM Original Balling and I use TM A and K elements and things are lot easier…

Alternatively this works as well:

Thread 'DIY Balling Method Recipe'
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/diy-balling-method-recipe.1098905/

Good luck,
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new