Fauna Marin ICP

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reef.
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reef.

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2019
Messages
5,364
Reaction score
3,906
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a free Fauna Marin ICP with a purchase of their salt, it contains 2 tubes, I was assuming 1 for salt water 1 for rodi, but no mention of rodi in the instructions and the pictures of how to collect the samples show two tubes being taken from the aquarium? Anyone know if I need to send in 2 salt water samples for the free test or 1 of both salt and rodi?


image.jpg
 
I have very little experience with this but I know the test that I did last that tests the R/O water came with 4 vials and if I remember correctly the RO vial had a red cap. And that test cost more than the test that doesn’t include the RO analysis. Unfortunately the instructions for these tests are horrible. Your better off finding a tutorial online.
 
I have very little experience with this but I know the test that I did last that tests the R/O water came with 4 vials and if I remember correctly the RO vial had a red cap. And that test cost more than the test that doesn’t include the RO analysis. Unfortunately the instructions for these tests are horrible. Your better off finding a tutorial online.
Thanks, sounds as if its two from the aquarium then, if you had 4 to fill…just did another google and seen a picture of the red top you mentioned.

I agree, a lot of Germans speak excellent English but their written instructions tend to be poor.
 
Both salt. The Ro is a more expensive test, the one you have is the basic test.
Thanks for the conformation.

Just seen a post by Randy saying he doesn’t see much benefit in a RODI water analysis, so I’m happy without the rodi test.

My first ICP hope I don’t get addicted.
 
Thanks for the conformation.

Just seen a post by Randy saying he doesn’t see much benefit in a RODI water analysis, so I’m happy without the rodi test.

My first ICP hope I don’t get addicted.
Yes, I agree the Rodi is not that useful. I have done 4 test in the past year with FM. I prefer the more expensive option because it includes nutrients, F, and some other stuff. Last month I went for an additional upgrade of MS, carbon, and organics, but yes expensive and now Im hooked…haha!
 
Yes, I agree the Rodi is not that useful. I have done 4 test in the past year with FM. I prefer the more expensive option because it includes nutrients, F, and some other stuff. Last month I went for an additional upgrade of MS, carbon, and organics, but yes expensive and now Im hooked…haha!
Oh great the more expensive test is back on the table I guess as it’s not just with added RODI analysis…thanks for that 🤑
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new