Fauna Marin Reef Salt… Love it!

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently switched to Fauna Marin Reef Salt from Two Little Fishies AccuraSea1. I cannot believe how clear the water mixes. In roughly 20-30 minutes the water is crystal clear in my mixing Brute. But that’s not even the greatest part, days or even a week later, the water left in the Brute is clear with no precipitate, no brown sludge, nothing. It’s amazing.

I’ve previously used Fritz, Instant Ocean, and Aqua Forest. I finally found a salt that mixes fast and doesn’t require me to clean my trash can on a regular basis. I’m happy. Just wanted to share my experience.

IMG_5386.jpeg
IMG_5398.jpeg
IMG_5400.jpeg
IMG_5461.jpeg

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't tried this one! :) Salt mix seems to me to be something you choose and stick with as far as possible! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: I store my salt for 4-6 weeks before mixing a new batch. Let us know your "long time" verdict down the line..

Could do with something a wee bit cheaper than Tropic Marin Pro..

merkmerk73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting - you didn't like Accurasea1?

I just switched to that because it has parameters I like and it isn't crazy expensive.

I haven't found a salt that really mixes all that clean

OP
OP
reefiniteasy

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting - you didn't like Accurasea1?

I just switched to that because it has parameters I like and it isn't crazy expensive.

I haven't found a salt that really mixes all that clean

I love AccuraSea1, however the price has gone up recently. I used to pay $26.99 a box and when on sale at SWA it was $22.99 a box. The number one reason I dropped it was because of the chemical smell. My wife, who does the water changes with me, finds the smell obnoxious. I do too but it doesn’t bother me as much. It’s a great salt.

Kactai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started using this salt and I’m 1/4 of the way through the first bucket. It’s getting rave reviews everywhere and the free ICP test doesn’t hurt either. I don’t know what’s up but my mixing pump, heater, chords, hoses and brute can walls all had dark green sludge almost like a coat of algae. I know it’s not algae though because the bin is black and is stored in a dark basement……going to clean my bin and change up my RODI filters and see but so far not a great impression.

OP
OP
reefiniteasy

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started using this salt and I’m 1/4 of the way through the first bucket. It’s getting rave reviews everywhere and the free ICP test doesn’t hurt either. I don’t know what’s up but my mixing pump, heater, chords, hoses and brute can walls all had dark green sludge almost like a coat of algae. I know it’s not algae though because the bin is black and is stored in a dark basement……going to clean my bin and change up my RODI filters and see but so far not a great impression.

Yeah, crazy. Definitely clean the brute and change filters. I use a white Brute and have never seen that. Keep us posted.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 145 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back