Fauna

  • Thread starter Thread starter Striike
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Striike

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2009
Messages
260
Reaction score
131
Location
Chattanooga
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I'm diving deeper into my research, and coming upon some questions I can't seem to find good, unbiased information on. Sand bed Fauna - Ok, I get what this is. I see comments about replenishing this every so often, or buying a bottle of this stuff to introduce it. Any thoughts on this?
 
Some people will disagree with me on this but I don't like to disturb the sandbed. I like a shallow sandbed (1 - 2 inch) and let it "mature" and be populated with worms, bugs, snails, etc. I have a Diamond Watchman Goby in one tank and Fighting Conchs (btw there are more than one species of "Fighting Conchs") in other tanks. They stir the sand beds all that they need stirring. I think biodiversity is a good thing and ascribe to the philosophy that the less I bother things the better they are.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new