Favia coral help…

EgotisticObeseChihuahua

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2023
Messages
597
Reaction score
399
Location
united States
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have owned this coral for about a month and a half ago. When I first got it I placed it on the sand bed angled on a rock, but a small part of it was covered by sand from my Diamond goby. Once I moved it because of the constant struggle of dusting it off I noticed a small part of the skeleton was showing, so I moved it in a cave a bit higher in the tank. Since then the flesh has just been receding.

Parameters:
Alkalinity:11 Dkh
Calcium:417 ppm
Magnesium:1550ppm
Nitrates:10ppm


The tank is a 120 tall with a refugium.
The only things I could see maybe nipping at the favia are tangs, emerald crab, and hermit crabs. But this does not look like nipping on the coral.

7D2815E4-A148-468F-A106-CFC44369F2E7.jpeg
 
Move it out of the cave onto the rock, probably about mid height in your tank where it gets some light. I can't say if it will completely recover but it will definitely have more of a chance there.
 
Move it out of the cave onto the rock, probably about mid height in your tank where it gets some light. I can't say if it will completely recover but it will definitely have more of a chance there.
Ok I’ll move it after work today.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new