Favia help/pointers?

Lylelovett

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2018
Messages
439
Reaction score
224
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

So I've never had much luck with Favia, but I wanted to try again.

I've had this watermelon favia for a little over a month (photo attached). I don't really know how to tell if it's doing well or not?

Salinity: 1.026
Alk: 9.1
pH (midday): 8.18
Temp: 79-80
Nitrate: .04
Phos: .10-.14
Mag: 1170
Calc: 500
PAR: 160
Iodine: 0
Waterflow: Medium, maybe a tad higher than medium.

I think I have it placed correctly in my tank... I don't see it's feelers out that much. I fill the little indentations up with some reef roids every couple of days and it SEEMS like it sucks some of it in.

So do I just let it sit where it is?
Do I give it more or less light?
Do I tweak the blue levels in the lights?
Do I move it to a low flow area?

Thoughts/suggestions?

Favia-A.jpg
 
Name is escaping me at the moment, but I dont think that's a favia.
 
Name is escaping me at the moment, but I dont think that's a favia.
Hrmmm... I got it from corals.com. That's what it was listed as...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new