Favia Help

JohnRiv

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2019
Messages
11
Reaction score
7
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 g reef it's been running for 3 months now, I got this dragon soul favia a month ago and it's been doing great, a little over 2 weeks ago this little thing started to appear out of the favia, it's been getting a little bigger but no ill effects so far, I was wondering if someone knew what it is and if it's bad for the coral.

6C9A5669-7599-480F-A51B-7361D39D8964.jpeg E226B7AA-B3BE-4E5C-A139-C6B07941D1C5.jpeg 55903659-1FDC-4AB0-A7CB-3636A49C01EE.jpeg EA570D5F-A0F5-4B3C-BC95-27ABEB4DBE2E.jpeg
 
It's kind of strange that it doesn't seem to be irritating the coral. I have no idea what it is, but maybe we can get someone with experience to chime in.
 
There's a few methods out there. I've never has to remove one. Carefully as you dont want to damage the coral.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new