Favia looks like it is bleaching

  • Thread starter Thread starter Atrumblood
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Atrumblood

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2021
Messages
193
Reaction score
217
Location
Salt Lake City, Utah
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this favia for about a month now and I have noticed some whitish areas starting to develop. It is very slow in its progression.
Does this look like bleaching?

It is on the bottom of my tank and receives about 130-150 par.
Nitrates and Phosphates are 0 but I also have a refugium full of algae so those numbers are definitely not accurate.
Alk 170
Calcium 420
Magnesium 1320

Thoughts?

20211022_195143.jpg
 
What was the outcome with the Favia? Did moving it help? I have a similar situation where after having a favia for about 2 months it has started to recede and bleach quite a bit. I have a weak light already but have decided to move it further down in the tank. I also have sexy shrimp who have always been curious and around it but never damaged it before.
 
What was the outcome with the Favia? Did moving it help? I have a similar situation where after having a favia for about 2 months it has started to recede and bleach quite a bit. I have a weak light already but have decided to move it further down in the tank. I also have sexy shrimp who have always been curious and around it but never damaged it before.
Moving my favia seems to have helped. It stopped bleaching and it has even grown since then.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new