Favia skin peeling

Matt Bravo

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2022
Messages
774
Reaction score
377
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at my reef today and realized this favia looked like it had come sand on it, I suspected maybe my fish spit some sand on to it. I was blasting it off and realized the actual flesh starting coming off. There have been no light changes or flow changes. I’ve had it for 2 months already and never showed any signs of stress. All other corals are doing well. Any idea what could cause this and how to save it?

Nitrates <12
Phos .06
Calc 440
Mag 1380
Alk 11

IMG_0023.jpeg
 
The pic is way too blue to see. Turn down the blues and turn up the whites so we can see.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new