Favorite 2 part dosing products?

Reefingmama

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious what everyone recommends for 2 part. Ideally for SPS. Also, I will have 4 containers, I’m going to do calc, alk, mag, and I’m wondering what the fourth should be. Trace?

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trace is a good 4th :)

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS 2 part is cheap and works great. Red Sea trace elements go great with it. How big is your tank? Nanos can be doesed with Tropic Marin All for Reef and they have a DIY on BRS if needed. For very large tanks you will probably have to go with a Calium Reactor.

OP
OP
Reefingmama

Reefingmama

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS 2 part is cheap and works great. Red Sea trace elements go great with it. How big is your tank? Nanos can be doesed with Tropic Marin All for Reef and they have a DIY on BRS if needed. For very large tanks you will probably have to go with a Calium Reactor.
120 gallon. Can Red Sea be put into one chamber? I’ve only seen the ABCD colors...

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
120 gallon. Can Red Sea be put into one chamber? I’ve only seen the ABCD colors...
Definitely BRS 2 part. Here is a video on the red sea elements. I forget if they can be mixed with something. i know they can but I forget which one.

YankeeTankee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
b ionic ca and alk, mag, trace although you wont need much trace since the ca and alk is a balanced 2 part.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use BRS two part. It's pharmaceutical grade and seems to be very consistent. As far as trace goes, I,m still dosing manually. I dose RedSea Trace ABCD daily at about 2/3 BRS recommendations for calcium consumption. I don't really worry if I miss a day every now and then and my corals seem to be doing well.

Duncan Tse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bulk regular calcium chloride and soda ash from a supplier in Canada.

After 4 years of regular IO salt 10% weekly water changes, I've done an ICP test and showed that I'm low on trace elements so I started dosing red sea colors

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
ESV and BRS

U

User1

View Badges
I personally used ESV 2 part. I believe BRS 2 part is cheaper in the long run if that matters. I don't believe you can go wrong with either since it comes down to the hobbyist doing the dosing, set up, etc. But I do like ESV.

Having said that I recently stopped dosing 2 part and am using Tropic Marin All For Reef (TM AFR). Specifically the DIY recipe. I like the idea of dosing one product leaving my second dosing head for ALK if needed to supplement or other elements.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 101 43.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 109 47.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 22 9.5%

Back