Favorite "Black Box LED Light"

jason g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does the program work? Can you ramp it or can you program it to have moonlight, then blue, then whites on?

There's is no ramping up or down mode. Only able to turn on whites and blues separately to different times. I run my blues for 8 hrs and my whites for 7hrs a day.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Search for Populargrow 165w WiFi. Its the same as the old galaxyhydro wifi version.

I use the populargrow and have been for over 2 years now.

Hello i have a question for you. I have 4 of the popular grow fixtures. Are you running yours o. A 2.5g or 5.0g router?

I have had no luck connecting the lights. I had 1 running off an apple device and than after many issues finally got itto connect to an android.

It worked for abouta month, until we had a power outage. After thati could not get it to reconnect.

I pulled the other 3 out of the box and tried to connect to them. The seller told me to erase the app and re download it. It still didnt work. Finally they told me the lights wont run on a 5g router , only a 2.5g.

They sent 4 free wifi boards though too. I recieved those in the mail today.

I have not purchased a second router to run these yet. I am wondering if a new multi gig router will do the trick. The one i have is supposed to be dual, but its approximately 3 years old.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 149 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back