Favorite invert for sump detritus?

TrampledByEwoks

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2021
Messages
87
Reaction score
40
Location
St.Paul
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been running a Nem/softy tank the dirty way for about 2 years now with fantastic growth. I don’t run a roller mat or socks on the tank and with the comes some detritus build up in the sump. With monthly WCs I clear what I can but there’s still plenty of tight spots in the sump.

What are some of your favorite inverts you use for cleaning your sump?
 
Pods and snails can help. A lesson I learned is to set up things so you can get to them quickly.
 
What are some of your favorite inverts you use for cleaning your sump?

I did not consider cleaning my sump a goal worthy of getting creatures to do it. :)
 
Pods and snails can help. A lesson I learned is to set up things so you can get to them quickly.
For the most part I have it set this way but I have an oversized skimmer for the tank and there are parts that are a pain to scrub around.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new