Favorite Reef Safe Wrasse UNDER $50????

My red-lined wrasse (Halichoeres biocellatus) cost around $30. He has not touched any inverts in the 4 months that I have had him.
 
Pintails have come down in price tremendously. A LFS by me is selling males for $50. Maybe check with LFS to see what they're getting them for now.
 
Last edited:
I picked up a Flasher Wrasse for $40 and I love the little dude. Colors and personality are awesome. Always causing around the tank. Gets a little sassy with my Lyretail, but the Royal Gramma keeps it in check.
 
Definitely getting one of these, along with the mccoskers wrasse
Mine does the same thing pretty but will eat clean up crew.


I had one of these but he unfortunately started taking out my snails and hermits all the time so he went into the FLOWR. They are very underrated and pretty though.
 
No fairy or leopard wrasse I have ever had has ever eaten or killed a snail or crab that I've seen. Halichoeres wrasse that's another story
Well, you must pay closer attention the leopards love to hunt. That’s their job. Wrasses are the house keepers of the reef
 
Well, you must pay closer attention the leopards love to hunt. That’s their job. Wrasses are the house keepers of the reef
My tanks in my office and I watch it for a good 4+ hours a day probably. Leopard wrasses hunt worms and pods, not snails or crabs. Definitely good house keepers though : )
 
I joined the club... I added a Social, Exquisite, and Leopard about a week ago. All were less that $30 each. They're amazing!!!

I can't believe I've never owned a Leopard Wrasse before, truly a spectacular fish.
 
Well, you must pay closer attention the leopards love to hunt. That’s their job. Wrasses are the house keepers of the reef
While they are excellent microfauna hunters I've never had leopards eat crabs and snails.
 
Can you guys recommend some wrasses with names please for barebottom tank thank you !
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new