Favourite fish in your tank!

LukeSivyer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive just been looking out my clownfish pair and royal gramma, i love there unique, funny and personality. So what is your favourite fish in your tank and why?

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite fish is this Orange Shoulder Tang. Great community fish that has this presence about him. He’s always watching me as I study him.

45C17C9C-BDBC-41F1-893D-17E7C4DCA4DB.jpeg

Durhamreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Longnose Hawkfish - model citizen with tons of personality. Not only is this the most well behaved fish in the hood, he/she is also gorgeous. Watching it perch in its Gorgs, hunt for food and watch me like a hawk is endless entertainment. All around class act!

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a tough one...

Yellow, Purple, Lavender tangs because of their movement

Mandarin, Storm Clowns because of their coloring/patterns

Starry Blenny because of its personality

I have other fish, but those are the reasons those fish stand out to me in my tank.

OP
OP
L

LukeSivyer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Longnose Hawkfish - model citizen with tons of personality. Not only is this the most well behaved fish in the hood, he/she is also gorgeous. Watching it perch in its Gorgs, hunt for food and watch me like a hawk is endless entertainment. All around class act!
I would love a longnose hawk because once my 8 gallon is setup i would move my inverts over however i dont think they can fit in a 20 gallon ( 19 by 15 by 15 inches ) also excuse the poor grammar at the start.

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Achilles Tang is my favorite. Bought a juvenile with no tear drop...and he quickly grew his teardrop within a year or so. Coolest Tang imo.
Achilles for sure, I'm stocked now, but next build will be larger with that sole fish in mind. Currently have a yellow, black, chevron, mimic and gem that all get along. Just not the space for another one as amazing as that Achilles.

Durhamreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love a longnose hawk because once my 8 gallon is setup i would move my inverts over however i dont think they can fit in a 20 gallon ( 19 by 15 by 15 inches ) also excuse the poor grammar at the start.
My LH has lived Peacefully for 3 years with multiple Trochus snails and his buddy, the skunk cleaner. With that said, this is only my experience and it's generally a toss up as to whether or not they'll become invert assassins. I'm guessing if mine got hungry enough his buddy would become a tasty looking option.

Last edited:

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my favorite fish right now is my purple firefish, its so colorful and sleek, it seems like a very proud fish, it posese and shows off all day. This super timid fish has slowly become the boss of the tank

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My spotted goby is my favorite. He's like an old man upset people are on his lawn. Sits around, mouth open just waiting to chase anyone who gets close to his burrow. I call him Mr. Fredrickson like the old man from the cartoon "Up"

OP
OP
L

LukeSivyer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my favorite fish right now is my purple firefish, its so colorful and sleek, it seems like a very proud fish, it posese and shows off all day. This super timid fish has slowly become the boss of the tank
That is quite interesting because i hear they get beat up all the time so to have one be dominant of the tank is truly something.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My melanurus wrasse is probably my favorite. I love their coloration and their usefulness in eating pests in the tank. My Midas blenny is a close second because of his personality.

OP
OP
L

LukeSivyer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LH has lived Peacefully for 3 years with multiple Trochus snails and his buddy, the skunk cleaner. With that said, this is only my experience and it's generally a toss up as to whether or not they'll become invert assassins. I'm guessing if mine got hungry enough his buddy would become a tasty looking option.
In your opinion would you put one in a 20 gallon?

OP
OP
L

LukeSivyer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My melanurus wrasse is probably my favorite. I love their coloration and their usefulness in eating pests in the tank. My Midas blenny is a close second because of his personality.
Gotta agree i like bigger-ish types of wrasse aswell as the midas, my favourite blenny however they get incredibly large and sadly too large for my tank.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 44 57.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back