Feather, barnacle or?

Dew3600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lately one of our corals has been staying closed and we weren't sure why but with it being closed, today I noticed a feather duster and this thing that kind of looks like a feather duster but is different from any feather duster I have seen! It reacts to movement just like a feather duster would. It's sort of in the middle of this colony. Thanks in advance

20231001_221830.jpg

Stealthreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's probably been there as long as the coral and I can't' think of a single time I have had those cause problems. Certainly not with GSP.

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
The picture of it is kind of hard to see. Does it have a tube? And a little thing protrudes?

OP
OP
D

Dew3600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The picture of it is kind of hard to see. Does it have a tube? And a little thing protrudes?
Not that I was able to see but it could, its tangled in the middle of this colony thats covering 4 or so loose rocks otherwise id remove the colony for a better look. It's tiny. It also extends pretty slowly, any videos I've seen of barnacles their little fan thingys move pretty dang quick. It retrects quickly when I get near it though. I never see it retact unless I scare it.

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I was just wondering because when I zoom in it kinda looks like a vermetid snail, but they grow from a hard slender tube.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back