Feather duster Infestation

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got your point (even if you are still somewhat contradicting your own advice ;) )

I just don't wholly agree.

I am literally not contradicting my own advice. Wow. My advice is to introduce more diversity by adding ocean liverock.

I was merely pointing out that in a dry rock/predominantly dry rock tank qt measures need to be much more strict.

So if OP doesn’t want to continue the strict qt/dip method of reefing then he should go the completely opposite direction and throw in a bunch of ocean liverock and never really worry about hitchhikers again.

If you still don’t understand I’m sorry.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was merely pointing out that in a dry rock/predominantly dry rock tank qt measures need to be much more strict.

So if OP doesn’t want to continue the strict qt/dip method of reefing then he should go the completely opposite direction and throw in a bunch of ocean liverock and never really worry about hitchhikers again.
I understand what you are trying to say and simply do not agree.

OP
OP
ariellemermaid

ariellemermaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to provide an update. The dusters have gotten huge. To some degree they’ve kept themselves to one side of the tank so that’s good.
IMG_3774.jpeg

In this picture you can see a frag of the zoa’s the below picture used to be covered in.

IMG_3772.jpeg

This used to be my zoa island. You can see a few polyps cowering in the background.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back