Feather Duster? Is it bad for my Candy Cane?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GGonzo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GGonzo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2021
Messages
59
Reaction score
66
Location
Austin
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty sure my Candy Cane coral has a Feather Duster living inside the head
20210422_194636.jpg
20210422_194629.jpg
. Is this bad for my coral?
 
From the shape of the fan, I think it may be a barnacle?
 
I agree with Ron. I personally would leave it alone. Mine have always died over time and have not been a problem.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new