Feather duster not responding - staying open

coloradoreefer94

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 13, 2025
Messages
44
Reaction score
15
Location
Longmont, Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a feather duster worm from LFS a few hours ago. It looked alive and healthy in the store, and when I got home about 30 minutes later I placed it in a container to inspect for pests. After I placed it in the sanded of my tank. I noticed that the entire time I was touching it and moving it around (gently) it never moved or retracted into its tube. Is it possible that it died recently? It still has color and looks healthy but it’s fully open and not responding to touch.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new