Feather duster

  • Thread starter Thread starter Redbird5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Redbird5

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2025
Messages
789
Reaction score
437
Location
Metro East St. Louis
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On Saturday I bought a feather duster and the clerk told me to stuff the tube underneath a rock, which I did, but I have not seen the feather duster at all. When I looked at it in the store it looked great and when I got home I placed the white part of the tube under a rock. This afternoon I I felt the tube, after reading something on Google to check where the worm is. The top half of the tube felt squishy and hollow, but the lower half was firm.

I've been feeding phyto in the aquarium for awhile. I'm not sure what happened or why the feather duster isn't popping up.

20251019_223608.jpg 20251019_223603.jpg
 
On Saturday I bought a feather duster and the clerk told me to stuff the tube underneath a rock, which I did, but I have not seen the feather duster at all. When I looked at it in the store it looked great and when I got home I placed the white part of the tube under a rock. This afternoon I I felt the tube, after reading something on Google to check where the worm is. The top half of the tube felt squishy and hollow, but the lower half was firm.

I've been feeding phyto in the aquarium for awhile. I'm not sure what happened or why the feather duster isn't popping up.

20251019_223608.jpg 20251019_223603.jpg
Ime the large ones can be quite sensitive. How long did you acclimate it? Did you acclimate it?
 
45 minutes.
That was probably too short, I drip acclimate mine for at least 2 hours and it still takes them a day or two to fully open up.
Iw would just continue to monitor it and hopefully it will adjust, although sadly theres not much you can do If it dosent.
Dont move it or touch the tube anymore, you dont want to stress it out more.
 
That was probably too short, I drip acclimate mine for at least 2 hours and it still takes them a day or two to fully open up.
Iw would just continue to monitor it and hopefully it will adjust, although sadly theres not much you can do If it dosent.
Dont move it or touch the tube anymore, you dont want to stress it out more.
I haven't touched it since yesterday. I can keep hoping it adjusts. I've had a rough weekend. I lost my mandarin, royal gramma, one of my clowns and my peppermint shrimp due to an ammonia spike.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new