Feather duster?

  • Thread starter Thread starter furni80
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

furni80

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2015
Messages
91
Reaction score
5
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a feather duster? I see them popping up all over. I haven't seen anything popping out of the tube
20151025_105820.jpg
 
Vermatid's
They will have a long string from them. That's how they eat
 
Yeah maybe a 1/8" stem on a somewhat curled bottom, deep burgundy in color
 
That's them, much better pic. So are the a species of tubeworm?
 
Awesome, the more different stuff the better. Love looking for new tiny critters. Thanks guys.
 
So I just look these things up does not sound like a good thing to have I do have a couple of small hermit crabs in there which they say is a hit or miss as to whether they will take care of them. What would happen if I just merely smash them would they release a toxin in the tank. The only thing I have in there is soft corals, no fish.
 
no they wont release a toxin, but they are hard and cant just easily smash them. you have to break or cut them off the rock. even then be careful because their shell is pretty sharp, and then take some super glue and put it over it to ensure you got the whole thing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new