feather dusters growing on rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter nrhk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nrhk

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
19
Reaction score
5
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this rock in my sump..i been lighting up my fuse during night lately, and I found small purple feathers on the rock. I tried to take a picture and they closed up.

I also have white thin tubular like growth under the rock in DT. And it looks like fast spreading all over. is my tank being taken over by feather dusters?? if so how to avoid it??

IMG_4741.jpg
 
They are good filter feeders for the water. They won't harm anything
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new