Feather worm help.

  • Thread starter Thread starter JVH
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JVH

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
584
Reaction score
72
Location
North Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I brought home a beautiful gold/yellow duster worm. after about a week or two I notice his tube looked a little ragged. Sure enough I caught my yellow tang nibbling on it! Also, that day was the first time I did NOT see the feathers. I thought possibly it was hurt or dead so I put it on rock in a cup in the sump.
I fed it a few times a week for like 4 weeks and still never saw the feathers.
Thinking it was dead, during the sump cleaning this weekend I looked at the tube and it was empty! I figured it was a goner! So trying to find a dead worm in the cup I came across the worm more tan 2x the size of the tube! All naked with tiny gold nubbies on him. I guess the fan is growing back! He is quite large! I had him in the same cup as my injured HC but I guess I can't put him back in the tank? I didn't realize a tang would pick on him...

So should I make him the 2nd resident in my sump? I want him in the tank but don't want tang to bother him when i'm not home to the point of no return....What to do?!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new