February Meeting Date and Topic Announced

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, thank you to all of you that braved the weather and came out for tonight's meeting. It was awesome to host you and answer questions about our tank as well as take suggestions for improvement.

To continue our pattern of having social meetings on odd months and projects on even months, the next meeting will take place February 26th at Ocala Reef from 5-8pm. We will be learning from Tamara how to make your own fish food so you can tailor it to your tank's occupants.

Tamara will be purchasing all of the ingredients and demonstrating how she makes food for her shop. However, if you would like to purchase some you can contact Tamara to negotiate a cost for some of her food.

As a side note, it is awesome how much Tamara is doing to help the club (she even let us steal "Ocala Reef"), if you are going to be getting anything for your tank that weekend she is open 12-5 on Sundays so just arrive a little early to do your shopping as a thank you.

Again, the meeting will be February 26th from 5-8pm at Ocala Reef and we will be learning about DIY Fish Food!

OP
OP
Js.Aqua.Project

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad news everyone, due to a scheduling conflict we have had to push back our meeting one week. We have also come to the realization that to help reduce these conflicts in the future, it will be easiest if we set the first Sunday evening of each month as our meeting dates. That will begin with this meeting which will now be March 5th from 5-8pm. We will still be learning how to make our own fish food.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause in your plans for this weekend.

acro-ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Glad to see you all have a club going. I am just getting back into the social aspect of the reef-keeping. I'm in Ocala and I will try to make it to some of these events when possible. My schedule is crazy busy and I travel a lot, but I look forward to joining the club. Is there anything I need to do to be a member? I don't have facebook (so I'm out of the loop on a lot of things; lol), but it looks like pertinent info is getting posted here. At any rate, I look forward to meeting you all.

Thanks,
Ed

OP
OP
Js.Aqua.Project

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see you all have a club going. I am just getting back into the social aspect of the reef-keeping. I'm in Ocala and I will try to make it to some of these events when possible. My schedule is crazy busy and I travel a lot, but I look forward to joining the club. Is there anything I need to do to be a member? I don't have facebook (so I'm out of the loop on a lot of things; lol), but it looks like pertinent info is getting posted here. At any rate, I look forward to meeting you all.

Thanks,
Ed
Ed, it is great that you are interested in joining us! There is nothing special you have to do. Simply attend the meetings/activities you would like to if you are able.

Our goal is to have the club not cost anything unless we do something special like a trip or bring on a guest speaker and then it will only have a cost if you want to participate.

We look forward to seeing you around!

OP
OP
Js.Aqua.Project

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Friday everyone!

Reminder, this Sunday we have a meeting from 5-8pm @ Ocala Reef where we are learning about DIY Fish Food. We hope to see everyone there.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back