FedEx is gonna give me a heart attack

FiddlersReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday was finally going to be the day.

I'd ordered a Tomini tang and a Genicanthus Angel from TSM Aquatics way back in September. Then I realized my tank was sick. So TSM was kind enough to hold my order for 75 days so I could fallow the tank and treat everything and get to a point where it would be safe to add fish again. New ship date was set for Dec. 14, 2021.

Over the next couple months, I added a couple more fish to the order, and just waited.

Finally December arrives, and as you recall, deliveries were chaotic nationwide, so TSM cancelled all shipments that week and we rescheduled for January 3, 2022.

Then a winter storm hit, and it was rescheduled again, for yesterday, Jan 13.

All that is fine. No problem. I want them to arrive alive and healthy as much as they do.

So yesterday I'm checking my FedEx app, eagerly waiting and praying that no weather issues arise. Everything looks good, it's in the 50s here in Kansas City.

The app says it left New Jersey and arrived in Indianapolis, IN at midnight. Then it sat. And sat. And all the while, the app happily tells me it's on time for delivery by noon.

Then at 11:16 am it leaves the facility in Indianapolis.
Great. Well, hopefully they'll arrive this evening.

Then at 11:29 am (13 minutes!) it says it has arrived in Kansas City. Holy crap, Fed Ex has worm hole tech!

I go out to walk the dogs and here comes a FedEx truck down the street. Yay!
It pauses near our house for about 30 seconds, then drives on.
Ok, false alarm.

The rest of the day goes by. Mid afternoon, the app changes to say "delivery by end of day", but still, oddly, "On Time."

When I dejectedly go to bed around 10:30, it says "pending". No location.

This morning, no change. I call the FedEx number for unhelpful support and it tells me that the package location is unknown, still waiting for it to arrive at the Kansas City sort center. It's a BIG box. 14x16x19" and 28 pounds! How do you lose that??

I'm feeling half sick.

Now, at 10:30 am, the app suddenly updates and says it was at the sort facility at 7:47am today, and on the delivery truck as of 8:52 am.

Geez. I can't take this emotional roller coaster. I'm hoping they're ok. It will be about 36 hours since they left TSM, so if the temp holds, maybe?

If FedEx could just give me reliable data, it would make it a lot better. I mean I realize they're overworked and swamped, etc. But come on, if it's priority overnight, it should take priority. And the danged app should actually tell me something useful.

Ok. Rant off. :rolleyes: Thanks for listening.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All you can do is cross your fingers.

I had a shipment of trout eggs coming from Montana this week, shipped Monday. Apparently they got lost as well as other shipments...I don't think they even made it to Memphis. Luckily the shipper has plenty of eggs so he send out another box on Wednesday and it made it overnight.

I had a seafood shipment that was delayed one night and really didn't get any updates until about a half hour before it showed up.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.2%
Back