OP
Torontotraders

Torontotraders

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Side note, make sure there is some type of invoice for customs. Ordered a whack of pvc pipe unfortunately UPS is the only shipper they use. Got a message saying it went through customs, then later that day the tracking showed returned to sender. Called UPS and they said it turns out it was missing a commercial invoice so they shipped it back. No phone call or email to me to update the situation. Refused to stop it in transit even after I told them I had the info they needed. And refused to immediately refund the money they took for collecting the customs fees, had to wait 2 weeks. Now waiting for the company to attempt shipping it again.

These shipping companies are despicable, incompetent vultures and of all the companies going bankrupt lately, I seriously hope they are one of them.
Honestly, I have no idea who to use now! I've had problems in the past with UPS, and was about to give them one last go with this package, and then I read your issues with them..lol...Maybe Purolator..? It's insane that customer service, reliability and accountability are no longer a factor in our world. Yet we're still required to pay a premium for this horrible service industry. What's going on, and do we not care anymore? And by the way, that was the first issue I had with fedex on this light. He sent it without the customs docs and I had no idea they required this even after dealing with their agent who set it up with me on the phone. Wow! I truly would have driven to Georgia from Canada to pick it up - I would have visited family while at it, but now we all have this virus to contend with...lol

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my current 600 dollar fiasco with those geniuses.

Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 10.24.52 AM.png

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Side note, make sure there is some type of invoice for customs. Ordered a whack of pvc pipe unfortunately UPS is the only shipper they use. Got a message saying it went through customs, then later that day the tracking showed returned to sender. Called UPS and they said it turns out it was missing a commercial invoice so they shipped it back. No phone call or email to me to update the situation. Refused to stop it in transit even after I told them I had the info they needed. And refused to immediately refund the money they took for collecting the customs fees, had to wait 2 weeks. Now waiting for the company to attempt shipping it again.

These shipping companies are despicable, incompetent vultures and of all the companies going bankrupt lately, I seriously hope they are one of them.
A little late seeing this but wanted to give a 2 thumbs up to you for saying the shipping companies are like vultures (just like insurance companies). I'm having a problem lately where none of my online orders gives me a "delivery confirmation" notification from the couriers. It just happens I've opened the front door and found the box sitting on my porch. Thank goodness the porch pirates didn't find the packages first. This has happened with multiple services and vendors even with Amazon which shocked me because supposedly they have a state of the art tracking system with their shipping partners but still 2 out of 2 times in the past month with Amazon and no delivery notice. A third time was an independent supplier.

Probably the most important notification to get is that your package has arrived and they still can't get that right going on near 15 years of online commerce! It's getting to the point now where I have to watch my front door every five minutes on the day of delivery to make sure I see it arrive. I remember having to do this 15 years ago before they had proper tracking. Now I prefer going to the store if possible to avoid the stress (even during Covid)!!! Go figure.

That's my rant for the day. LOL

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 102 77.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back