Fedex Shipping

weimers75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an order out that was supposed to be delivered today via Fedex. This is the second time Fedex has failed to deliver on time and for what they cost I'm mad and need to vent!

After the shipment was 2 hours late, I called Fedex and all they could tell me was "I'm sorry, but the package has been delayed at our Indianapolis sort facility". They couldn't tell me why, nor was the facility staffed so I couldn't even call there and find out why. Since live animals are prohibited, I know they won't refund the cost of the animals, only shipping.

I know people often complain about USPS, but I have shipped 8 times and have never had them lose a package, or even have it delivered late...and its much cheaper. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had a problem with FedEx but the price......I use USPS and never had an issue with them either.....I have always recieved my packages on time and I have tracked them and have always seen them deliver my packages on time......KNock on wood....

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It better get here to Jeremy or I will have to flame you hard!

Also sorry to hear your issues bro......

OP
OP
weimers75

weimers75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about sis - I'm a girl:D I just heard from the vendor, they started a tracking status on there end and said they'd replace anything that didn't make it. I'm not worried about the zoos, but I have 2 birdsnest frags I'm worried about:(

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have had problems with every shipper. UPS is the worst followed by fedex.. Airborn and usps have been the best. Airborn has only lost one package of mine ever but they did recover it and bring it to me days later and they are the fastest and pretty low price.

USPS has never lost a package that I remember but they sure can be slow sometimes. I have had priority take 7 plus days several times... amazing that sometimes I ship a package priority and it is there the next day and sometimes it takes a week...

Dave

SteveO

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive only had 1 problem with fed-ex and noe wioth anyother shipper. I didnt reaceive ag package that was sewnt out out thursday until the following monday... and the micro survived. BAM!! Its was 100F out and the package was in a AC facility over the weekend.

mecold

Oh I wish I were an......
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't be to worried about the frags of birdsnest. I have shipped and recieved sps frags that took almost 48 hours to arrive and they were all fine. Of course, they were a little browner than normal. But, good packaging goes a long way towards the frags survival.

A vendor who is willing to replace a doa frag due to fedex's error is a great one, and probably packs their livestock very well.

OP
OP
weimers75

weimers75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been very impressed so far. Any e-mails I've sent were answered within an hour, and they're complete e-mails - everything is answered, and they even go above and beyond by explaining everything. One line I remember said something like 98% of the time Fedex arrives when promised, but the 2% has to show its head sometimes. They even recommended different acclimation than normal b/c of the delay, and were sure to point out that they unconditionally guarantee everything, even though it wasn't their fault and I wasn't asking them to. After I receive the frags I'm going to get pics and post about them...unless the frags are much smaller than the site said, I won't hesitate to do business again with them.

mecold

Oh I wish I were an......
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like one of my good experiences with live aquaria. Please post who the vendor is after everything arrives and/or potential problems are resolved.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've had issues with fedex packages shipped ground, they seem to get beat up ALOT.

but i've yet to have any problems at all with their overnight service.

i havent had any major problems with usps, other than the hassel of the clueless employees who work at the counter. ive had several packages arrive a day late, but i think its due to my rural mountain area b/c they never make the sort time the next morning, and i usually have to go pick up the package myself or it will sit there for a day until the sort time the next day.

thats the sole reason i dont like shipping sps via usps, just in case it takes 2 days. for zoas, and leathers, no big deal at all with 2 days via usps. but i go with fedex if i have to ship sps.

i've never used ups b/c i've been turned away at the counter by a paranoid old woman several times who thought i was shipping prohibited materials and was about ready to call the police b/c i said "live organisms" one time.

i've only had a couple arrive here via ups, and everything seemed ok.

oh, one thing i like about fedex is their great tracking services that are always updated quickly (same with ups). i cant stand it that usps take FOREVER to updated their tracking info, and its not very detailed.

Carolina Frags

Fragging for a Living
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been shipping USPS last 6 package.No trouble so far.

The 3 before with Fedex,all 3 where bad deals .The last 1 was crushed and they put it in a bag and dropped it at the front door.For now I have stopped using them.

I might try DHL

OP
OP
weimers75

weimers75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to keep you hanging...its not Live Aquaria, although I have used them in the past. I agree, excellent service. I got some snails and 2 didn't make it. They refunded it without pics or any questions. Makes me wonder how many people take advantage of this? Probably won't be long before they're not able to do it anymore:(

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to keep you hanging...its not Live Aquaria, although I have used them in the past. I agree, excellent service. I got some snails and 2 didn't make it. They refunded it without pics or any questions. Makes me wonder how many people take advantage of this? Probably won't be long before they're not able to do it anymore:(

yeah, they do have good service, i've had snails, slugs, hermits, and one fish die through them. they've refunded all with no questions asked, and that fish was a $50 leapoard wrasse.

OP
OP
weimers75

weimers75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so I got my order today and everything looks ok. The zoos didn't pass the pre-shipping inspection, so my card was credited the cost. The birdsnests are huge...small colonies really. I'll have pics in the vendor feedback forum.

I got the order from reefhotspot.com

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back