****** FedEx....

Discussion in 'Middle Tennessee Reef Club' started by Tennsquire, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Tennsquire

Tennsquire Active Member MTRCMember

Had a pack of frags coming priority overnight from North Georgia today (not a very far trip). It made it to Memphis early this morning, but has sat there all day and is still there now. No explanation other than it was a "mishap" and they'll try to deliver it tomorrow. I imagine that they are toast. Vendor has been great and will replace or refund, but I hate it for the animals.

Tags:

2. reef lover

reef lover It's a reef thing.... R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

:(:( not a bad time of year for shipping...corals are resilent...hoping for the best...

Katrina71 likes this.
  3. Tennsquire

We're still in the mid-90s in Tennessee. I'm not holding my breath....

4. kashman100

kashman100 Well-Known Member Partner Member 2018

I had this happen to me and was able to call fedex and they located the package and let me pick it up. Worth a shot

5. jt17

jt17 Valuable Member Partner Member 2018 Partner Member 2019

The hurricane has messed up a lot of logistics. It’s unfortunate. FedEx is still more reliable than UPS

Rakie likes this.
  6. Rakie

Rakie Federal Coral Reserve R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Reef Tank 365

This is the issue. Even if FedEx could have delivered it, they may be stressed with 'emergency shipping' stuff right now, OR, it may have had to go through a stop that is now dealing with hurricane relief, etc etc.

Don't get me wrong @Tennsquire, were definitely on your side and it sucks. It's just a rough time. Besides, if it's being shipped to and from a hot area, there's no reason it wouldn't have an Ice Pack.. A single ice pack is all a styrofoam box needs to keep temp regulated. Don't stress until it shows up.

7. Tennsquire

They delivered to my office yesterday. FedEx wouldn't reroute it to my home unless an additional $50 fee was paid. I picked it up, and the water temp was mid 80s. It was ugly. They weren't all completely DOA, but they are now.

8. NoWaiAma

NoWaiAma Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

I have yet to have a FEDEX priority over night get here in under 2 days. Arrives ship our morning it’s due here 1030. I get next day

9. Muttley000

Muttley000 Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

It seems the Memphis hub is often a problem. That being said having flown through there a couple times it is a,aging the amount of fedex planes coming and going there.
    To the OP, glad the vendor is taking care of you!

10. Tennsquire

Looking at the online tracking, it went from Atlanta to Memphis in 9 hours (obviously by truck, but still longer than that drive takes), so it missed the flight/truck back to Nashville. So it stayed in Memphis for the whole next day. I don't understand why it didn't go by plane to begin with, and FedEx doesn't want to explain it.

11. Bugsy_Barboza

Bugsy_Barboza Active Member

It went by plane.... I drive for Ups from Nashville to Memphis back to Nashville every night.... of course our main airport is Louisville we share with fedex in Memphis. That’s how we both work. People pay too much for a wreck to hold up a whole trailer full of overnight packages plus stuff from ga has to go to the east coast also only way to do all that is plane.... you jus had bad luck that night happens to people on a daily basis just a ton of stuff going on in there building.

12. reef lover

reef lover It's a reef thing.... R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Sorry they didnt make it....:(

13. Bugsy_Barboza

At the vendor is working with you.... says a lot about him, keep us posted on a the shipment you get might have to check him out. Seems like a good guy.

14. Tennsquire

FedEx, not UPS

15. Bugsy_Barboza

I read that. We use the same airport in Memphis.

16. jaxteller007

jaxteller007 Active Member MTRCMember

My company ships about 620K packages a month using FedEx and UPS. One is not more reliable than the other on average. They both run about the same as far as lost/damage and OTD, especially when looking at NDA type shipments.

Bugsy_Barboza and Silver14SS like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted