FEED ME ZOAS' All you can eat buffet!

FEED ME ZOAS

Eater of Zoas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefing pals. I've had this tank going for a bit over a year, but am only just recently really getting serious about it. Due to boredom and the fact that I had a faulty humor module installed at the factory going on 27 years ago, I've started theming my account around eating zoas (don't eat zoas people) and have decided to name this zoa only tank the all you can eat buffet.

With that and your groaning out of the way, on to the specs!

Tank: Cobalt C-Vue 18
Light: Kessil a360x w/ spectral controller x
Flow: stock return pump + Tunze Turbelle Nanostream 6040
Heater: Eheim JAGER 75w
ATO: Tunze Osmolator 3155
Frag rack: Eshopps something or other
Rock: Caribsea LifeRock
Sand: Caribsea Arag-Alive
Stand: Diy good enough
Cable Management: Non existant

For fish I've got a pair of ocellaris clowns named Tater and Tot. Tot of course has become the bigger fish. Tater is a B grade spotted Snowflake and Tot is a B grade Black Ice. Got them cheap at a local lfs last summer and they've been great. Tot picks on Tater which I'm monitoring but it hasn't been anything serious yet. I've currently got an order in with @Dr. Reef for a tailspot blenny. When he comes along he'll probably get named something dumb like onion ring or cheese fry.

For corals I only have tasty, tasty zoas. The plan is to continue with a strictly zoa only menu in this tank, but I have gone back and forth on that a little bit. I've got a few named varieties and a few no-id's. Named are as follows

Radioactive Dragon Eye
Rasta
Candy Apple Green
Vampire in Drag

20211104_120501.jpg
20211104_120521.jpg
20211104_120530.jpg
20211104_120542.jpg
20211104_120553.jpg
20211104_120607.jpg
20211104_121909.jpg
20211104_121916.jpg

There are many more I'd like to add, but I want to get a coral quarantine /fallow tank set up first. That's in the works and I'll link the thread for that here when the time comes.

Cuc is a copious amount of ceriths. I started with 10 ORA cerith snails and now have 150+ I'd guess. Gotta take most of them in for store credit soon.

Going forward I've got a few things I'd like to do. More zoas obviously, I'd like to clean up the cables to a significant degree, possibly add a skimmer, probably add some fun macros behind the rocks, and of course add in the tailspot blenny. Maybe a shrimp goby pair down the line but I'll be set for a while on fish.

Don't have the whole tank photography thing figured out just yet, but as I get that figured out I'll come back with better pictures. Any questions or suggestions for what to add/do fire away!

Thanks all! Follow along if you're feeling hungry! :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FEED ME ZOAS

Eater of Zoas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really cool idea on the tank. Zoas are really what have always attracted me to the saltwater side of fishkeeping. I'm looking forward to following this build.
I'll be sure to keep you posted! Zoas are awesome. I want to keep more corals than just them, but I'll save that for another tank. Feel free to hit the follow button on this thread if you want notifications when I update!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back