Feedback (Apex Mounting)

Handegard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feel like I'm forgetting something. Any feedback?

From left to right, top to bottom, WXM, FMM, FMM, ASM, 2016; VarioS return, VarioS Skimmer, BoB, then DOSs and EBs.

I'm planing to router out cable holes with rounded edges in all the circled places. There will be a cabinet over the EB832s right below the DOSs. I plan pass throughs right above the EB832s to route the power cords out. Cut outs next to EBs are for 1Link and DC24.

I don't have the ASM yet, but I want to finish this nicely, so it'll all be pre-drilled and waiting. Just looking for any obvious stuff I'm missing.

I might need a 1LINK module in the future so I'm leaving some space. 2x WAV, 1x COR, 2xDOS, 1x Trident doesn't leave me with any more. Or a a Vectra controller if the COR doesn't work.
attachment.php

This panel will be finished to match and installed in the back of my "chiller" compartment. The DDRs will sit in the front.

IMG_0947.JPG

OP
OP
H

Handegard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I wish I had a better idea for cable pass through. I'm sure this is just version 1.0 lol

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I would put the DOS on bottom...because if something comes loose, you don't want it dripping all over your EB832 or anything else.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and you can buy grommets to put on the pass through holes, at lowes or home depot.

OP
OP
H

Handegard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and you can buy grommets to put on the pass through holes, at lowes or home depot.

I'm not so worried about finishing he pass throughs, I'm just unsure where I want them. I'm afraid that only during installation will I uncover my design flaws lol

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He said he was going to enclose the EB832s in a cabinet right below the DOS... I think that would alleviate that issue. :)

I still wouldn't do it. Most every cabinet will leak if water gets on top of it. Also, water can drip down the cords into the eb832. He stated that he was putting a hole just above it for the cords to pass through. I put my apex brain and EB up higher than anything. I could put an M80 in my sump and my apex won't even get wet.

hondaguy88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would relocate the BOb as well it will be a bear to hook up with the main controllers wires there. Speaking from experience lol.

OP
OP
H

Handegard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
61c5f5651a2a619e260c60aef7102698.jpg

I still need to get my EB832 back from repair, and add a 2nd DOS.

I did add a ground bar for the BoB, and a 24v cabinet light. I'm also looking to add a PMK and build a manifold for my flow sensors (hence the unused FMM in the pic)

When all's done, I'll take it back apart, give it a nice black finish, and add some pass throughout for wires.

Looks like I don't need the outlets on the 2nd EB after all, but I'll end up using it for its current monitoring and extra 1Link ports (I need 6. 2x DOS, 2x WAV, 1x COR15 and 1x Trident)

Rich1987

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
61c5f5651a2a619e260c60aef7102698.jpg

I still need to get my EB832 back from repair, and add a 2nd DOS.

I did add a ground bar for the BoB, and a 24v cabinet light. I'm also looking to add a PMK and build a manifold for my flow sensors (hence the unused FMM in the pic)

When all's done, I'll take it back apart, give it a nice black finish, and add some pass throughout for wires.

Looks like I don't need the outlets on the 2nd EB after all, but I'll end up using it for its current monitoring and extra 1Link ports (I need 6. 2x DOS, 2x WAV, 1x COR15 and 1x Trident)

This looks awesome. I am going to be doing my apex soon. What type of wood did you used regular or treated also what type of paint do you plan to use
...?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back