Feedback on Fish for 90 gallon Mixed Reef

tmhickey2023

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
I’m looking for suggestions and/or feedback on fish choices for a 90 gallon mixed reef tank.

I currently have two oscellaris clowns, two bangai cardinals, one six line wrasse.

I’d like to add a harlequin tusk, a fairy wrasse, flame angel, blue hippo tang, and maybe a couple other small fish like a Midas blenny.

Thoughts on each and if there’s any that I shouldn’t add or something that I should and haven’t thought of?

Thanks for your feedback!

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Six line won’t play nice with Fairy and Harlequin will hate both of them.
Blue tang gets way too big for 90!

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
I’m looking for suggestions and/or feedback on fish choices for a 90 gallon mixed reef tank.

I currently have two oscellaris clowns, two bangai cardinals, one six line wrasse.

I’d like to add a harlequin tusk, a fairy wrasse, flame angel, blue hippo tang, and maybe a couple other small fish like a Midas blenny.

Thoughts on each and if there’s any that I shouldn’t add or something that I should and haven’t thought of?

Thanks for your feedback!
Blue hippo would need to be re homed when it gets bigger. I learned the hard way, tusks are shy and easily bullied, the wrasse wont play nice. Theres some wrasse people on here who can help with compatibility but most agree six lines are just aggressive. If you wanted the tusk you probably should remove the sixline. Flame angel is okay, any angel can eat corals. Midas blenny is also okay!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back