Feeding a Copperband Butterfly help

I had mine for about 8 months now and its eating agressivly for beeing a copperband, even challanging the scopas for food. Frozen brine shrimp. 1-2 per week i add a frozen cube of mysis/gammarus and half a tsp coral frenzy powder to the brine shrimp.
 
Right on! Thanks to all for the input. I've decided to hedge my bet. My local LFS is great and is already planning to bring some new CBBs. He's going to train them to eat frozen foods for me. Once he's satisfied that they'll live, I'll have my pick. I can use all of your tips just in case it gets picky again.
 
Qt the fish with another fish if you can and condition it to eat when it sees you approach the tank.

I bought 3 Bartlett’s with mine and QT’d them all in a 29g. I would initially dump a cube of food in the morning and evening so the copperband could recognize that the anthias were eating what I was pouring into the tank. After two days it started eating. By the end of the week these fish would get excited when they saw me or my wife, knowing they were about to get fed.

Over time these fishes grew accustomed to me and now eat out of my wife’s hand.

I feed 6 cubes (4 times points throughout the day) and pellets every day.


 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new