Feeding coral

MonsterReef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2016
Messages
590
Reaction score
235
Location
Columbia Missouri
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I'm really to be new to the Salt Water World and at it for about 7 months just now starting to get some good Coral in but not sure what to feed them or how to feed them any help would be grateful
 
I have green tip hammer Stony Coral some SPS couple of mushroom and several polyps
 
tiny mouths tiny food. I use rotifers, also when feeding frozen to the fishies, the murky stuff, not big solids, left in the baster and container, I spray on the zoas and lps etc. both seem pretty good at making zoas make babies.
 
I prefer the liquid foods ie amino acids or carb based liquids: red sea reef energy a/b, elos omega/ proskimmer, aquavitro fuel, etc. The liquid foods are more easily absorbed by the corals, compared to solid foods which take up energy to be digested
 
I also use reef energy a and b couple times a wk, works out well for the past 4 months. Now I plan to supplement with reef chilli, couple times a wk
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new