Feeding Corals?

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious to learn how often and what people feed their corals specifically. I'm keeping mainly zoas, ricordia, and a few photosynthetic gorgonians; few LPS and SPS as well, so primarily interested in these ~ but please feel free to share. Please include info on specific supplements you use as well.

thanks

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When I do target feed I usually will feed my lps a variety. LPS will get flake, frozen, and cyclopeeze. Zoas and palys I never feed. Anything with feeder tentacles I will spot feed on the occasion.

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i feed my corals every three days. my lps usually get a mix of rods food, oyster feast and arcti-pods. i also spot feed my zoos/palys some of the oyster feast and cyclopeze mix at the moment. some seem to take it, some dont.

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't spot feed zoas, sps, or clams. I feed just about everything else though. I make my own food, consisting of mysis, cyclo, fresh whole shrimp, clams, scallops, and this last time I used Tilapia(which I have now learned should be excluded next time.) I feed all my lps this mixture, usually once or twice a week. I do water changes every 5 days, so I feed pretty heavily. The sps, zoas, and clam just get whatever is left in the water column.

Edit-forgot to mention I also soak the food in Seachem's Vitality before feeding. It is said to have Vitamin C and amino acids.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 65 44.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 46.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.8%
Back