Feeding every other day.....

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so I’m going on vacation for a week and have a buddy watching my tank. To make it easier for him I was going to have him feed my tank once every other day (3 or 4 times) while I’m gone. Would this be acceptable? I have 2 clowns in a 75 gallon tank. Thanks!!

btackerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so I’m going on vacation for a week and have a buddy watching my tank. To make it easier for him I was going to have him feed my tank once every other day (3 or 4 times) while I’m gone. Would this be acceptable? I have 2 clowns in a 75 gallon tank. Thanks!!
If it’s only clowns I would say that’s fine. Do you have an anemone? If so that would be my one concern. Not sure what type or how you feeding them but I have a pair of large maroon clowns that get a quarter of a cube of food a day and the are very healthy

C255FFF0-9A68-4D8D-AE4C-A6304D3B43B7.png

OP
OP
Afrashz

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s only clowns I would say that’s fine. Do you have an anemone? If so that would be my one concern. Not sure what type or how you feeding them but I have a pair of large maroon clowns that get a quarter of a cube of food a day and the are very healthy

C255FFF0-9A68-4D8D-AE4C-A6304D3B43B7.png
No I don’t have any nems!!

tjstanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a friend crash a freshwater tank of mine by overfeeding. maybe put food in a week pill counter so you can measure out exactly how much to feed. hopefully it doesnt all go down the overflow

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ALWAYS ration out my daily feedings in sandwich baggies for our house sitter. Then all they gotta do is grab the, for example, “Monday AM” bag and dump it in...

OP
OP
Afrashz

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tips guys!!

Cycklone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if it is only for a week I wouldn't worry about it....

feed 1/3 more for 2-3d before you leave then let them diet for the 7d while u gone and back to a regular feeding when u return (my $0.02 worth all you paid for it)

if you really think that is cruel just put 1 days food in a baggie tape it to the front of aquarium (hide the rest of the food) and say on the middle day to feed that 1 bag (they will eat it before it messes up anything)

OP
OP
Afrashz

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if it is only for a week I wouldn't worry about it....

feed 1/3 more for 2-3d before you leave then let them diet for the 7d while u gone and back to a regular feeding when u return (my $0.02 worth all you paid for it)

if you really think that is cruel just put 1 days food in a baggie tape it to the front of aquarium (hide the rest of the food) and say on the middle day to feed that 1 bag (they will eat it before it messes up anything)
So are you suggesting no feeding for a week??

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every other day is more than enough. A few times a year mine go 3-4 straight days without anyone feeding the tank.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back