Feeding Frequency for Young Dragon Moray

  • Thread starter Thread starter DylanE
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DylanE

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2018
Messages
443
Reaction score
695
Location
West coast
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've got a dragon moray that's probably about 14 inches in my 310 mixed reef. Got him around 10ish inches. He was initially in a 75 heavily stocked 75g and has always behaved with tank mates. I realize that as he gets older he will become more aggressive, and I'm working to keep him happy and well fed. I try to feed him whenever he starts to act really interested when I feed frozen. It used to be 1 or two times per week, but now it seems he goes into feeding mode every other day. I feed salmon and clams, typically 4-5 decent sized chunks until he stops being interested. Is this too often? I figure if he wants to keep eating it can't be that bad, maybe? He's definitely not stashing it or anything, my nutrients are still quite low.

Thanks!




unnamed (43).jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new