Feeding Location in Tank

OnePuffMan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are lots of food questions on amounts on timing, but I have a dumb question about location. I am getting a lid and want to figure out where to put my pellet-feeding Neptune AFS. I have Euro bracing on the left and right side of the tank and could mount using this adapter but I would prefer to mount the unit on the back using the provided mount.

Would pellet feeding in the back and frozen/other feeding through the font door cause issues or confusion? I plan on doing these at offset times?

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are lots of food questions on amounts on timing, but I have a dumb question about location. I am getting a lid and want to figure out where to put my pellet-feeding Neptune AFS. I have Euro bracing on the left and right side of the tank and could mount using this adapter but I would prefer to mount the unit on the back using the provided mount.

Would pellet feeding in the back and frozen/other feeding through the font door cause issues or confusion? I plan on doing these at offset times?
I don’t think that’s a problem. Fish are great at predicting their food source timing and locations. More importantly, I think, is that the food doesn’t go down an overflow before being eaten.

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wherever you place it, they will learn and come to that spot to beg for food. As stated above, just somewhere it wont immediately go into your filtration.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 85 67.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back