Only feeding dry foods long term

jimmypencil

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2021
Messages
537
Reaction score
243
Location
south carolina
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everyone,

For the past couple years I have only fed pellets from an auto feeder 3 times a day, and 1-2 sheets of nori once every 2 weeks or so.

This is because I have an insane vermatid snail issue that I think was caused from using an auto frozen feeder that broadcast fed the tank too much? It would broadcast feed reef frenzy and mysis shrimp to the tank and after a month or so of that my vermatid snail population exploded.

I just never really went back to feeding frozen and all my fish look great. I wanted to make a post because I haven’t heard anyone else have long term success only feeding dry foods.

Fish list:
Powder blue tang
Yellow tang
Blue hippo tang
Tomini tang
Clowns
Anyhias
Chromis
Yellow candy hog fish
Dwarf flame angel
Red Hawk fish

image.jpg
 
After two years I think your fish are fine. Sure frozen/live food have benefits. Since you are feeding nori and pellets you should be fine. I have done the same with fish, but only for a year.
 
Hey everyone,

For the past couple years I have only fed pellets from an auto feeder 3 times a day, and 1-2 sheets of nori once every 2 weeks or so.

This is because I have an insane vermatid snail issue that I think was caused from using an auto frozen feeder that broadcast fed the tank too much? It would broadcast feed reef frenzy and mysis shrimp to the tank and after a month or so of that my vermatid snail population exploded.

I just never really went back to feeding frozen and all my fish look great. I wanted to make a post because I haven’t heard anyone else have long term success only feeding dry foods.

Fish list:
Powder blue tang
Yellow tang
Blue hippo tang
Tomini tang
Clowns
Anyhias
Chromis
Yellow candy hog fish
Dwarf flame angel
Red Hawk fish

image.jpg
Very nice tank.
When it works like that, I don’t touch.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new