Feeding Marge

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sir Bubb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sir Bubb

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2020
Messages
56
Reaction score
112
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None of my other corals/fish have names, but this one we affectionately call Marge.

Purchased about 18 months ago, it’s gone from a dome shape that was about the size of a half tennis ball, to the size of a softball/grapefruit and almost a perfect sphere. By far the fastest growing lobo I’ve ever kept.

I broadcast feed a homemade frozen mix, and the feeding response starts as soon as the cup that I use to thaw the mix touches the water.

IMG_3479.jpeg
IMG_3478.jpeg

IMG_3488.jpeg

IMG_3489.gif


sorry… couldn’t resist!

Thanks for looking!
 
None of my other corals/fish have names, but this one we affectionately call Marge.

Purchased about 18 months ago, it’s gone from a dome shape that was about the size of a half tennis ball, to the size of a softball/grapefruit and almost a perfect sphere. By far the fastest growing lobo I’ve ever kept.

I broadcast feed a homemade frozen mix, and the feeding response starts as soon as the cup that I use to thaw the mix touches the water.

IMG_3479.jpeg
IMG_3478.jpeg

IMG_3488.jpeg

IMG_3489.gif


sorry… couldn’t resist!

Thanks for looking!
That scene scared the crap out of me as a little kid. Tell ‘em Large Marge sent ya. First thing I thought of when I saw the thread title.
Charlie Sheen Applause GIF
 
That scene scared the crap out of me as a little kid. Tell ‘em Large Marge sent ya. First thing I thought of when I saw the thread title.
Charlie Sheen Applause GIF


Yea, I may have cried the first time I saw it as a kid! Just came out of nowhere!
 
Does it put out significant sweepers at night?

Not that I’ve noticed. Here’s a night time pic. Haven’t seen any sweepers extending much beyond the coral, and no damage to neighbors.
IMG_3499.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new