Feeding Medicated food

citymouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I mixed up a batch of general cure treated food for my quarantined fish, how often and for how long do I feed?

There are 2 Tangs, only the yellow shows signs of possible internal parasites and his fins also are looking bad.

OP
OP
citymouse

citymouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2-3 weeks is ideal. I would use GC + Focus so it truly binds to the food.

Thanks! How often daily? does it matter?
I don't have any focus..yet.

What is the proper mix of GC, Focus, food and water? I have frozen food as well as NLS, I can use either. I assumed the NLS is better to absorb the meds and store? . I can make a new batch when I get the Focus in a couple days.

I used a shot glass full of NLS, 1 packets of GC and water to mix, but I think I might have added too much water. I also added garlic powder for taste, so they'd eat it!
It's only 2 fish, so I don't want to make a giant portion.

Last edited:

jefra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! How often daily? does it matter?
I don't have any focus..yet.

What is the proper mix of GC, Focus, food and water? I have frozen food as well as NLS, I can use either. I assumed the NLS is better to absorb the meds and store? . I can make a new batch when I get the Focus in a couple days.

I used a shot glass full of NLS, 1 packets of GC and water to mix, but I think I might have added too much water. I also added garlic powder for taste, so they'd eat it!
It's only 2 fish, so I don't want to make a giant portion.

Seachem recommends:
  • 1 scoop of medication
  • 1 scoop Focus™
  • 1 tbsp food (preferably pellets or frozen food)
  • A few drops of water if using a dry food

OP
OP
citymouse

citymouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seachem recommends:
  • 1 scoop of medication
  • 1 scoop Focus™
  • 1 tbsp food (preferably pellets or frozen food)
  • A few drops of water if using a dry food
Thanks for this info!!
My GC is packets an has no scoop and the focus I found on Amazon is 5mg, someone mentioned a small scoop in the bottle, any idea if this is the same size scoop to use of GC?
This is why I've had trouble figuring it out. I did contact API a few days ago about the GC and they wouldn't give me advice or treating food, they said " we recommend you add it to the tank as directed". Everyone says mixing in the food is more effective.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for this info!!
My GC is packets an has no scoop and the focus I found on Amazon is 5mg, someone mentioned a small scoop in the bottle, any idea if this is the same size scoop to use of GC?
This is why I've had trouble figuring it out. I did contact API a few days ago about the GC and they wouldn't give me advice or treating food, they said " we recommend you add it to the tank as directed". Everyone says mixing in the food is more effective.

Yes, use the same scoop that is in the Focus tube of medication to measure out your General Cure amount. Feed twice a day for 14-21 days.

Also, don't add additional water to the mixture if adding to 1Tbsp of frozen food. It will make a kind of paste-like mixture.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%

Back